Thursday, December 10, 2009

More Sneaks of the Rail Fence Quilt

This is a picture of our Wednesday snow storm. I enjoyed watching the snow fall from the window, as I quilted. What a majestic scene. Not long after starting, the snow was supposed to turn to rain, but it didn't until much later in the evening. That night, we had some really cool thunder and lightening. What a cool storm and almost on the anniversary of our terrible ice storm that really knocked the heck out of our state, last year.










I am using a flower and a leaf stencil I created a while ago and connecting them with a nice meandering line. The quilting will be hand quilted all over the quilt.

I really love the colors. The quilt reminds me of raining candy ! Yummmmmmm.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Looks very pretty!

Browndirtcottage said...

Hello there....I appreciate your recent visit
to my blog. I was insterested to know that you hand quilt too. Have you done this a long time? What batting do you use? What kind of thread do you use? How do you quilt...on a frame...in a hoop? I searched for an email address but couldn't see one on you or I would have emailed these questions to you. There are not very many people who hand quilt so I was anxious to 'con-flab' with you about it!!
This looks like a good looking quilt design you are doing here on this one!