Monday, May 6, 2013

Half Faced, Beneath The Garden

Sounds like a creepy novel, huh? Or a really fun night, bar hoppin'!

Old Man In The Valley

While turning soil, fertilizing and doing the general spring garden work, I always seam to hit tons of rocks. Our whole yard is a sloping valley and over 30 years ago the builder filled the yard with tons of different sized rocks. Every spring, more of them seem to work their way up the soil, becoming a nuisance to spreading roots. So every year I dig and pull more out and make nice zen-like rock piles or something.

Here's one I found in the ground about a week ago. This half face is too much of a coincidence. The eye, cheekbone, nose mouth and chin are just too well proportioned and recognizable. Isn't it so cool? I can't believe I found it. Wonder if there are more pieces of this? How far down? I really don't want to disturb the plants which are already there and established... bummer.

This dude is definitely watching over my back gardens, this summer!