Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hibiscus




Well...............
Gardening always puts me in a better state of mind. After this morning, I definitely need to turn some soil and do lots of gardening.

Wanted to share this Dinner Plate hibiscus. Ordered online a package of Dinner Plate Hibiscus seeds and I popped ONE seed into a pot and within days, it sprouted! Thinking all my hopes were put into this one seedling... what if something happens to it?

So I planted some four more seeds and this time nothing happened as quickly with all (4). Looked up online how slow the seeds are to germinate, I am amazed at how lucky I was the first time!

It's so spindly and I am now over-protective - I think I'll bring it inside with the brugmansia, for the winter.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

That's such a cute little baby, 'cause I know how big these plants can get! My mom's is always slow getting sprouts in the spring, but it always pops up and then grows like crazy.