Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blueberry Hat

Hello again!
Was looking for ideas for hats to keep my daughter warm during her Nature's Classroom trip, coming up soon. Found this cute pattern on Ravelry.com. Great site for knitters!!! I believe this pattern was free (not sure because I could figure it out without downloading one).

Originally, it was designed to be a baby hat, but since hats are pretty standard, I did it for an older child/adult. Incorporating the green color is the same as any other pattern. The decreases happen within the green pattern.

Yarns are from my stash box. They aren't as dark as they appear on the screen, I can't adjust colors without my img software, which I don't have reloaded on my new computer, yet. SOON! :)

Knitted on size 9 circular needles, right up to the end of the knotted cord!

Leslie Anne Pease Leslie Anne Pease

Thank you for stopping by. Please come again.

2 comments:

free indeed said...

That is too cute! I wish I had the know how of using whatever yarns I have when the the pattern calls for specific types...I'm just not that familiar with substituting...great job!

Leslie Anne Pease said...

THANK YOU!

Subbing is easy. Knit a swatch to check the gauge. Some times you might find you need a thinner/thicker yarn or a smaller/larger needle to achieve gauge, but it's not hard.