Tuesday, January 22, 2013

For Mike

Hi everyone,

I write this with a heavy heart. I have been very close to my cousin all of my life and have always been amazed and impressed by her. In fact I idolized her when we were very little and still do very much today.

For a long time, her husband has been battling a kidney disease. A couple years ago, he was lucky to have a new kidney transplant. As with all transplants, nothing is a guarantee. Although the kidney has done well, the medications he took effected other parts, causing his body to slowly fail. Recently, he has taken a turn for the worse.

Ever since his recent hospital admission, (a month and a half ago) I started quilting this. After working on it every free minute (and even stealing time from other important things), I have had to send it out mostly but not completely finished. My cousin's husband is now heavily sedated to enable his body can work it's best but these days things are happening more quickly and I fear my vanity to finish this quilt was out-weighed by his failing health.

Here are some pics of the quilt. The lighting in the room was poor, but you can see the basic pattern of the blocks and quilting.

Please everyone keep my cousin and her husband in your hearts and prayers.

Thank you.


The stipple pattern was quilted on most of the blue blocks, but unfortunately the center blocks were not completed, as you can see in the picture above.