21 Ways to use Lemon Oil
And homemade oil is the cheapest way to enjoy as much lemon oil as anyone could want!
- Skin Care - Lemon oil is astringent and detoxifying. Its antiseptic properties help in treating and clearing skin. Lemon oil also reduces excessive oil on the skin. Add a few drops of the oil to facial cleanser to help remove dead skin cells. (Lemon infused oil will make skin sensitive to sunlight. Use with caution and avoid the sun for eight hours).
- Laundry - Add a few drops to your laundry cycle or to the final rinse cycle to freshen up your laundry. Your washing machine will also smell clean.
- Disinfectant - Since Lemon oil has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties, Lemon is a good cleaner! Lemon oil is terrific to disinfect wooden cutting boards and kitchen counters. Soak kitchen cleaning cloths in a bowl of water with several drops of lemon oil to disinfect. It is used for metal surfaces, dishes, and clothes.
- Degreaser (goo be gone) - Very effective in removing glues and labels that are difficult to remove. Lemon oil will also remove grease and grime from hands as well as tools and dishes.
- Mood Booster/Concentration - Diffuse in the room or place a few drops in your hands, rub and inhale. Add a few drops to your bathwater to help with typical stress and fatigue. Lemon oil is calming in nature and, therefore, helps in eliminating mental fatigue, exhaustion, dizziness, anxiety, nervousness and nervous tension. It can refresh the mind by creating a positive mindset and removing negative emotions.
- Insect Repellant - Bugs are not in favor of lemon oil. Combine lemon with peppermint and eucalyptus essential oil along with coconut oil for an effective repellant.
- Hair/Nail Care - Lemon oil is an effective hair tonic and helps to eliminate dandruff while strengthening the hair. Lemon oil is also a powerful hair refresher. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair.
Hair highlights: Add a few drops of lemon oil to a spray bottle of water and spritz hair and go out in the sun for natural highlights.
Nail Rescue: apply lemon oil to your nails to soften cuticles and restore health to your nails.
- Immune Support - Rub a few drops of lemon infused oil on the back of the neck. Lemon oil is high vitamin content, which makes it incredible for the body’s immune system. It further stimulates white blood cells, thus increasing your ability to fight off diseases. Lemon oil also improves circulation throughout the body.
Fever: Lemon oil is effective against infectious diseases such as fever, malaria, and typhoid. Add one drop of lemon and peppermint oil to the bottoms of your feet to reduce fever and provide infection relief. Combine with Thieves essential oil for additional support.
- Feet Care - Add a few drops of lemon oil to help treat callouses, corns, and bunions.
- Wood Polish - Lemon infused oil, water and a teaspoon of alcohol (or more, if it's a large bottle) in a glass spray bottle. Spray on wood to be cleaned and rub in circular motions with a soft cloth. Not too much alcohol, but it is important to help the oil and water mix better.
- Spiritual Experience - Diffuse or add lemon oil to your water for spiritual and psychic awareness, the connection between spirit (consciousness) and soul, and for conflict in your thoughts and intellect.
- Stomach illnesses - Lemon oil is carminative, it works to support various stomach problems, including indigestion, acidity, upset stomach, and cramps. Add three drops of lemon oil to water to help reduce heartburn and acid indigestion.
- Body Cleanser - Add two drops to 8 ounces of water for a gentle, natural body cleansing in the morning of your liver, kidneys, and digestive system. Also add lemon oil to public water to help the kill germs.
- Concentration - Lemon oil helps in increasing concentration and alertness. Diffuse in the office or while your children are doing homework to stay focused and on task. Good for energy and mind clarity: You can also rub the lemon oil on your hands and inhale for a quick pick-me-up!
- Soothe a sore throat - Add lemon infused oil to hot water and honey to soothe a sore and scratchy throat.
- Keep cut apples and avocado fresh - Use lemon oil in water to keep sliced apples or avocado from turning brown.
- Taste Enhancer - According to organicfacts.net, “Lemons are one of the most popular citrus fruits in the world and are widely used for culinary purposes since they are a good source of vitamins and aid in digestion. It also adds a pleasant taste and aroma to food. Furthermore, lemon juice is one of the most popular drinks in the world as it is very healthy, delicious, and inexpensive.”
Add a couple drops of lemon essential oil to softened butter and use on fish, and steamed vegetables. Add lemon oil to sweet treats: Lemon frosting, lemon meringue, lemon cakes, lemon squares, lemon cookies, and of course lemonade!
- Weight loss - Lemon juice is very helpful in reducing weight, and satisfying your appetite. Adding Lemon oil to water or your favorite beverage can help reduce the chance of overeating.
- Asthma/Allergy - inhaling the aroma of lemons can clear the nasal passages and sinuses, promoting good air flow and steady breathing. Allergy Bomb: Combine 3 drops of Lemon, Lavender and Peppermint Oil to the bottoms of feet, behind the ears and neck every day.
- Softens calluses, corns, and bunions - Apply lemon infused oil consistently to your hardened skin conditions, and the lemon oil will soften those areas.
- Gum, label and crayon remover - Lemon oil is great for removing gum from hair, or carpet. Remove sticky residue from labels on bottles and jars. Lemon oil will also remove crayon marks from walls.
Thank you for visiting. Please come back soon!
Please visit my --->Instagram<---