Monday, October 25, 2010

Warm Socks (Toe-Up Technique)

Hello again!
Our six graders are going to their Nature's Classroom camping trip! The school picked another site, in CT and they are going in November. Burrrrr!

To keep my daughter warm, I made her these warm socks to wear in the cabin, in her boots or while she sleeps.

This pair of toe-up socks was done one at a time, on double point needles. Oh did I not enjoy that. Used to have the patience to work with dpn, but this time around they drove me up the wall. And although this time the yarn gave me a hint when to start the heal and when to end the cuff, future socks would be more difficult to make the same, one at a time.

So, I am teaching myself how to do the technique using one round needle and working two socks at one time.

In the meantime, here are my finished socks.

Leslie Anne Pease
Leslie Anne Pease

Thank you for stopping by. Please come again.

No comments: