Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Pink Bag To Celebrate!

This is to celebrate my tennis team (The Pink Panthers) advancing to districts. again!!! In honor of this achievement I made a tote bag!

Wish us luck, starting August 7th!!!!!







The bag lining is a cute pink cotton fabric with white dots. Really compliments the outside of the bag, well.

To place the zipper, I looked at a hUgE LL Bean bag for a reference, to see how their zipper was inserted. I then inserted my zipper the same way. Although it turned out well and as I wanted it, I am not pleased. Thought it would be a nice finishing touch but think next time I'll just place a zipper directly on the bag.

Knowing the bag was for me, I also was a little cheap in a couple of areas:
- Because I saved a nice big section of pink doted fabric (lining) for another bag, I had to sew two pieces together (creating a center seam) to make this bag's lining. Really doesn't look too terrible and would definitely do that again.

- I was also cheap with the stabilizer when constructing the handles and they are a bit too flimsy. Definitely an area where I will never skimp again! LOL!

No comments: